Tuesday 14 May 2019

voltage - Solar Panel Cellphone Charger - Not Enough Current?


Solar Panel Full View


The Entire Thing


The Materials :


1) 3 X 1.5W 6V Monocrystalline panels @ 320mA


2) DC-DC Variable Voltage regulator


3) 3 X 1N4001 Diodes


The Problem : -


I have connected the panels (which give about 203 mA realistically) in parallel wiring with an 1N4001 diode at each of the positive terminals to prevent reverse flow of current. The entire array generates around 7.09 V at 610 - 720 ma in ideal conditions. Now using my multimeter, when I measure the current (used the positive and negative leads of the multimeter ----> 10 A unfused) at the breakout board it displays 0.61 A which is enough to charge any sort of USB Devices since the typical USB 2.0 current output ranges from 250 mA to 500 mA. On measuring the current from the ends of the voltage regulator (5V output) it displays 0.98 A. It charges devices with no charge protection and doesn't charge the ones with charge protection.



At this point I'm really confused. Is there a problem with the wiring, a problem with how I measured current or is the current too low? because according to my calculations there should be plenty of power for charging phones. Please help me out here.


Thanks in advance :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...