Wednesday 1 May 2019

capacitor - RC circuit as clock source


I am not understanding something very fundamental here , I have read that an RC circuit can be used as a clock source. From this I assume a DC input. Playing around with my oscilloscope the only time I see an RC circuit oscillate is with an already oscillating input, throwing in a DC input there is no oscillating just the obvious blocking of DC by the cap, so how does an RC circuit work as on oscillator with a DC input? And I know you can make fancy ones with more components but I mean a very simple resistive/capacitive circuit? Thanks in advance.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...