Thursday 9 May 2019

arduino - Problem programming ATTiny85 "Invalid device signature."


I am trying to program ATTin85 using Arduino I used the hardware support file from "High-Low Tech" here http://hlt.media.mit.edu/?p=1695


With this schematic:



enter image description here


After downloading the ArduinoISP sketch to the board, I tried uploading the blink sketch and tried burning the bootloader.


The IDE keeps responding with :


avrdude.exe: please define PAGEL and BS2 signals in the configuration file for part ATtiny85avrdude.exe: Yikes!  Invalid device signature.              
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override this check.

I also tried to using avrdude from CMD


avrdude -P COM5 -b 19200 -c avrisp -p t85 -v -e -U flash:w:sketch.cpp.hex

and it gave:



avrdude: please define PAGEL and BS2 signals in the configuration file for part
ATtiny85
avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.07s

avrdude: Device signature = 0xffffff
avrdude: Yikes! Invalid device signature.
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.



avrdude done. Thank you.



I tried choosing the three settings 1Mhz/8Mhz/20Mhz (without adding any oscillators) and tried the three options with a 16Mhz crystal with two 22pF capacitors (I read somewhere online that this may work) and still nothing changed!


I tried another ATTiny85 Chip, another Arduino Uno, and tested the continuity every single wire. but still I am getting the same error.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...