Monday 20 May 2019

arduino - Poor man's IR obstacle sensor make sense(improve) from signal under daylight


I'm talking about this kind of sensor:


enter image description here


Question and then long description: can I do something to improve their blindness in front of window? At least for detection of object in front of the robot, like 10cm for example? not to detect distance but only prevent crash. Is there a sense to equip robot with them at all?


When I've ordered these IR receivers and leds I didn't think they will be so slow and more than that useless during day even in my room. My bad, must have googled more. They are too slow for signal modulation. I was going to wrap them around my robot, but now I don't know should I even use them or not. Just for obstacle avoidance at least. During night they are great for this.. Here's my configuration with foil shielding.


schematic


simulate this circuit – Schematic created using CircuitLab



enter image description here


Green signal is from IR leds ON part and blue when IR leds OFF Sensor under the table directed horizontal. I wave my hand in front of sensor. enter image description here


And this directed horizontal to window on level of floor. And today is very cloudy. Wave much closer. Around 4-5cm.


enter image description here


And this same as previous only it directed opposite from the window in front of window. enter image description here


Also when pointing to the side of window (not on it or the opposite) then signal is a little better. And all this when almost there is no sun..


Here's maximum frequency of modulation. 12mS or 83Hz.. IR led inside that foil tube. enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...