Tuesday 28 May 2019

Industrial construction of pn-junction diodes?


I was just doing a project for a website and my team member excavated a standard pn-junction diode to see that inside the ceramic casing, the semiconductors of p and n doping merely abut together in close alignment. Shouldn't the case be that a single length is variably doped with n and p type impurities to form the junction? If I remember correctly, then textbooks tell that simply joining the two by their boundary does not make it a p-n junction since there are always irregularities on microscopic scale. Any insights on this?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...