Tuesday 7 May 2019

heat - Can I draw power for a component while this charger is charging the battery?


So I am working on a design for battery-heated wrist warmers. My mother has Reynauld's and arthritis, and as winter approaches it gets much worse.


My basic design is that I will take a form-fitting sleeve (made from a shirt or tube sock), weave nichrome wire through the sleeve, wrap thinsulate or space blanket around that, and then fix a nice-looking knitted wrist warmer over it. At the very least I think it would be a good start even without electric heating.



For the electric heating, I am thinking of using a 1000mA LiPo battery, a button switch, and a USB charger.


Ideally, the charger will charge the battery while also providing heat. My specific question is: can the charger I linked to provide that? In a more general sense, I would appreciate any suggestions you might have!


Thanks, and happy holidays!




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...