Monday 23 March 2015

series charging three 18650 batteries with three chargers off the same 5V supply



being from a CS background I am a complete noob at this. I'll keep this short. I have a couple of 18650 batteries that i salvaged from an old laptop battery. I want to make a balanced 3S charger with over-discharge protection. I know that I could use a 3S BMS, but BMS aren't good at charging as they dont balance the cells properly.



I've seen many YouTube videos, regarding DIY balanced 18650 chargers and most of them uses this schematics enter image description here this works perfectly for charging only and also does the cell-balancing.


But i wish to obtain the output from the charging modules as they also features a over-discharge protection IC in them. And embedded them into a project, without any hassle.


So, the question: will this work? those are TP4056 with over-discharge protection.tp4056 balanced charger with over-discharge




1 comment:

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...