Tuesday 2 August 2016

components - How to read the text printed on top of every IC?


I find very difficult to read part numbers. I haven't figured out how which kind the ideal amount of light and inclination would help me.


I also wonder why chipmakers don't paint the numbers in white for a better contrast.



Answer



1. Clean up the text with a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol.


alt text


2. Wait for the alcohol to evaporate and rub yellow or white chalk on markings.


alt text


3. Wipe gently with a cotton swab and bingo!



alt text


Source (in Portuguese): http://www.piclistbr.org/paginas.php?fname=%20dicas.htm%20&autor=%2009/2010%20-%20Luciano%20Sturaro


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...