Sunday 14 August 2016

batteries - Automatically switching from battery to DC wall adapter on insertion


I have a project that runs off a 4S LIPO battery and I want to switch to 24V wall power when I plug in an DC wall adapter. I have two designs, an inexpensive one with discretes and one with an expensive LTC4412HV IC.


I simulated both and they seem to work fine. In terms of safety since the battery is a LIPO, is the discrete design okay? Is there anything I should add other than a fuse which I already have?


Edit: The reason I use a PFET instead of a schottky diode is because the diode consumes too much power and I want to maximize battery life.


circuit simulation



Answer



The discrete design exactly mirrors Microchip's AN1149, "Design A Load Sharing System Power Path Management with Microchip's Stand-Alone Li-Ion Battery Charger". The only difference is that your design does not include battery charging capability or multiple external inputs.


enter image description here



No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...