Monday 8 August 2016

Is there any 8080 Series Parallel Interface standard?


I want to know whether there is a standard for 8080 like parallel interface. What I want to do is connect LCD driver to MCU(stm32). Some doc told me how to connect MCU to the drivers via 8080 like interface here But it didn't tell the detailed meaning of CS,RD,WR lines. I searched some LCD driver datasheets but found contrary info:


SSD1289 use CS as clock signal(page 51) while ILI9340 use WR/RD as clock signals(page 29). So, is there a official standard for 8080 like interface? Or do I have to read the datasheets in detail each time when I want to use a driver chip?



Answer



In this case it means seperate RD_ (read) and WR_ (write) lines rather than an E (enable) and R/W_ (read high, write low) line. Both RD_ and WR_ are active low. See page 10 of ST's AN2790. And CS_ is chip select, active low.


For clocking, CS_ or WR_ rising, whichever comes first, is the end of the write. For read either CS_ or RD_ rising tri-states the bus.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...