Friday 5 August 2016

rs485 - Signal overshoot and undershoot on RS-485 bus


I'm testing an RS-485 comms network that is having occasional problems. Looking at the waveforms on the scope it looks like fairly bad overshoot and undershoot of the voltage levels at signal edges. Is this bad enough to be causing a problem? I have never had a problem with RS-485 before, so have never actually looked at the analog signals before, so don't know what normal is.



Thanks, Fredenter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...