Wednesday 17 August 2016

voltage - Minimum clearance between two traces that have a potential difference of 1000VDC


I am designing a PCB and there will be high voltages. What is the recommended clearance that I should have between two traces that have a voltage difference of 1000VDC and 2000VDC?


Additionally, is there an equation that I could use to calculate clearance depending on voltage?




Answer



The IPC-2221 standard has this information for you. There is a table, and numerous calculators have been developed so that you can simply plug in your information and it gives you the answers. Here is one such table and here is one such calculator.


Table:


enter image description here


Calculator (image only):


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...