Sunday 7 August 2016

switches - Resettable mechanical switch?


I'm looking for a mechanical on/off rocker or toggle switch that can be reset to a default state and position upon the removal of power.


The application is in a vehicle where I want the switch to return to a default position once the ignition is turned off.


I know how to make such a switch using some digital logic and a momentary action, but the application requires better tactile feedback (and the ability to operate the switch without looking at it).


Does such a mechanical switch exist?


I found: Resettable latching switches and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relay#Latching_relay, which are close, but do not physically put the switch back in the original position.


EDIT: To clarify, the switch is to control a GPS tracker. I want the tracker to be "on" whenever the vehicle is powered up, but the operator needs the option to toggle the GPS unit on/off while they're moving around. I don't want someone to accidentally leave the switch in the "off" position and have the next operator forget to activate it. It's vehicle-voltage (24V in this case), low current (10's of mA).




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...