Friday 5 August 2016

Simple Voltage Range Circuit



I need a simple circuit, one or two components at most, that will only allow a certain range of voltage to pass. I.e. If a voltage is below a min, I do not want it to pass. If it is above a max, I also do not want it to pass.


I only want a voltage to pass if it is within a certain range, not below or above.


I have researched this using Zeners, Op-Amps, etc, and just have not been able to figure it out. The hard part has been having only a range between a min and a max.




Answer



"The Photon" actually pointed me in the right direction, a Window Comparator from here: how to build a circuit that compares two potentials?


and here: http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/window-detector-circuit.26663/


Both are over the two component limit that I wanted to stay within, but I can work with it.


I thank all for the great responses and good info.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...