Thursday 18 August 2016

Proper method to filter inputs of a (true) differential ADC


In datasheets of different true differential ADCs I noticed two kinds of a low pass filter at the inputs. First one with 2 capacitors to the ground enter image description here


The other with a capacitor between differential inputs: enter image description here


So what is the proper way to place a filter at the inputs? When each (or perhaps both) of these filters should be used? in general at first ?


And now for my case where I have DC signals as input, so a filter would be used not for antialising, but rather for bandlimiting the input noise? I guess it is not a good idea to try to bypass the inputs of the ADC?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...