Tuesday 22 December 2015

measurement - Does the AD8495 thermocouple amplifier allow for grounded thermocouple probes?


I recently purchased a MAX31856 thermocouple-to-digital chip for a project. However, I discovered that the chip does not support grounded thermocouples. I am looking for an alternative and the AD8495 appears to be the only similar option. However, I cannot tell from the datasheet whether it supports grounded thermocouple probes. How can I tell?



Answer




You can use it.


In the 1st paragraph at pg 12 it tells how the IC deals with the problems coming from single-ended (i.e. grounded one end) TC usage.


The last sentence of that paragraph is the answer.



The excellent common-mode rejection of the AD849x prevents variations in ground potential and other common-mode noise from affecting the measurement.



No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...