Monday 28 December 2015

LEDs in Parallel, each with its own resistor


I am currently planning a project to light up a model of a cruise ship. I've done this before with some success.



To keep things simple I want to wire in Parallel. (Assuming I've understood the difference correctly; Each LED will have a direct connection to the power source)


I will be using a mix of colours; White, Warm White, Blue, Red, Green. Every LED is pre-wired or will be fitted with a resistor (470) to allow them to be run from a 12v source.


Every online simulation I run and my own previous experience says this will work perfectly fine, but every article I read seems to scream "no don't do it" and even then, opinions seem to differ.


enter image description here


Above is an example of my wiring diagram, forgive the crudity. There will be a lot more LEDs used than this, but this gives you an idea of my plans.


Any thoughts?


Thanks


{{{}}}


EDIT:


This is the overall schematic that I have planned:



enter image description here


Sadly I cannot provide the direct link for this circuit as it is too long for browsers apparently.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...