Tuesday 8 December 2015

batteries - How Long Will This Battery Keep My Fridge Powered For?


I have an interesting mathematical/electrical dilemma and I'm not sure where to start.


I am considering buying this fridge (specs on page).


I will be hopefully buying a battery pack with it to support a long-road trip (a few months) wherein I'll keep medication in the fridge (powered by the battery pack when parked and by the car when driving). The medication needs to be keep between 2 and 8 degrees C at all times.



Here's the battery pack I'm thinking of getting:


Can someone please help me understand what I need to do in order to calculate whether or not this fridge + battery combo will work, and if so, how much time will I be able to power the fridge for.


Ideally, I need a combination of fridge and battery which will allow me to have the fridge constantly powered, assuming I sleep in the car for approx. 8 hours a night and drive for the rest of the day (although, there will be times which I'm away from the car during the day for several hours + times where I hope to have access to a wall outlet).



Fridge:



  • Input voltage (AC 220-240 V

  • Input frequency 50/60 Hz

  • Rated input power (AC) 64 W

  • Rated input power (DC) 46W DC12V/50W DC24V W


  • Input voltage (DC) 12/24 V


Battery:



  • Capacity: 453Wh

  • Battery Type: Lithium-ion

  • Input Voltage: AC 110-220 V, 50/60 Hz; Solar Power: 18 V; Car Input: 12 V

  • Output Voltage: AC 110V 60 Hz; DC Output: 4 * 12V 4 A (Max.10 A); USB Output: 4 ports: 2* 5V 2.1 A and 2* 5V 1 A

  • Power Output: Rate 500 W Peak/Surge 1000 W





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...