Friday 4 December 2015

How do I fix my multimeter, which doesn't seem able to measure resistance?


I've got a Caltek CM1200 multimeter, which I bought ages ago. http://www.caltek.com.hk/cm1200.htm


enter image description here


It can measure voltage perfectly. I'm pretty sure the battery works, as it displays 0 when you go to a voltage with nothing connected to the probes.


When I move the dial to the resistance measuring area, the display shows nothing. Completely blank (I expect something meaning infinite).


If I connect the two probes (plugged into the bottom two sockets, marked V/Ohm/mA and COM) to each other, it is still blank (I expect zero).



What is wrong with my multimeter, or am I missing something at how to measure resistance?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...