Thursday 10 December 2015

Have a look at my PCB design and tell me how I can improve


Here's the current design for Super OSD Lite, an open hardware project to bring a low cost on screen display to the masses. The price target is $71 to $90.


alt text


bigger image


There are components on the bottom, but most components are on the top.


It's one of my first PCB designs involving such a complex circuit, so I expect I've made a few mistakes. Constructive criticism appreciated!



Answer




Looks great!


A few thoughts:




  1. Make all your designators readable from one direction (or at least within 90 degrees of each other).




  2. Where you have space, label the pins on your connectors.





  3. Add a pair of vias to ground that you can solder a little loop of wire to. Then you can clip your scope ground to it.




  4. Make sure your CONN2 and CONN3 connector bodies don't overlap in the real world.




  5. The orientation dot for U6 is almost hidden by a via.




  6. Add vias so you can easily probe your EEPROM data lines.





  7. Make sure your mounting holes are sensibly spaced (not 2.718282 inches apart).




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...