Tuesday 22 December 2015

ohms - Increasing resistance on speakers


My amplifier is rated at 8ohms for my surround sound but my speakers are 6 ohms. The owners manual says that if the speaker resistance is too low the power protector will blow and that is exactly what happens when I raise the volume on my amp. I want to increase the resistance on my 5 surround sound speakers and my subwoofer by 2 ohms from 6 to 8. I was thinking about inline resistors. My question is do I use 2 ohm resistors to take 6 to 8 and do I put them on both the positive and negative speaker lead or just one of them. If both would I put 1 ohm on each lead to get 2 ohms total?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...