Saturday 12 December 2015

sampling rate and frequency response of a vibration sensor


I am trying to measure the vibrations of a lathe machine using a piezoelectric accelerometer sensor. I want to know if the sampling rate can be set at a value greater than the flat response frequency range of the sensor ?


For example, the datasheet of the sensor I am considering to use says that based on the mounting method (stud, adhesive and magnetic) the frequency response changes. If I decide to use adhesive, the mounting resonance is lower (45KHz) than when a stud(80KHz) is used and the frequency range over which the gain is flat also reduces from 0.002~25kHz in case of stud mounting to 0.002~10kHz in the case of adhesive. In the adhesive mounting the, frequency range increases by 1 dB at 20 kHz to reach its peak at 45 kHz and then falls. Suppose that I want to measure the sensor output at 25 kHz sampling range but the condition of my machine only allows for adhesive type mounting, do I have no choice but reduce the sampling rate ?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...