Monday 19 June 2017

voltage - How static electricity gets build up and how it gets discharged?


I get electrocuted all the time by contacting metal object, by running a cart in the grocery store, opening the car door, touching the door knob. I have reseached various article of how static electricity is created and how it is discharged but none has satisfied me. Can someone explain it to me, how it is created?




  • Some thousands of voltage is generated when you walk on carpet or even on dry concrete, floor. How this charge gets accumulated continuously and never gets discharged?

  • Why it discharges through your fingers, when it is really built up on your shoes or clothes. If you touch you clothes with the door knob nothing happens but if you touch your finger, boom, you get shock? How does the whole process work?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...