Monday 12 June 2017

switches - Silicone rubber keypad PCB design


enter image description here


I have a question regarding PCB design and rubber keypad contacts. I did this circuit for prototyping a piano keybed but some contacts seem to be unstable: when pressed it switches from 0 to 1 continuously - this isn't a classical debounce issue but some kind of electrical instability. I know that it is best to use carbon ink, but it is way too expensive for a prototype.


My question is then: do you think my design of the pad could be the issue, or is this a pull-up resistor issue, or simply some dirt?


Thanks




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...