Thursday 22 June 2017

pwm - running AC synchronous motor with DC



I have a gadget that does contain a 12V AC synchronous gear motor (2 Terminals) that i want to hack.


I want to supply the gadget with 12V DC (among other changes).


Up to now i use tiny AVR and a LB1641 motor driver to feed the motor with voltage of alternating polarity. Everything between 20 and 60 Hz with Pulses between 70% and 100% seems to work well.


L1  _____---_____---_____
L2 _---_____---_____---_

But the motor does not run as quiet as from the wall wart supply.


How can i transform the output of the Motor driver into something that is more pleaseant to the motor and my ears?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...