Tuesday 6 June 2017

Can I use a RFID reader to check if there is an physical obstacle between it and the tag?


I am trying to create a cheap system that check if there is someone sitting on a chair.


I would like to know if there is someway I can configure a RFID reader so it identifies when there are interference in the radio signal from a RFID tag caused by an obstacle - in this particular case, a human body. So I can put a RFID on the table and a RFID tag on the chair. I read it every 10 seconds, and when there is a human body (or any phisical obstacle) it notice some interference in the radio signal and register that that chair is occupied.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...