Tuesday 13 June 2017

pic - How to protect microcontroller board 1-wire from accidental +12V connection?


I'm working on modular LED strip driver with one "Master" board and up to 32 "Slave" boards. Each "Slave" board drives one LED strip.



All boards have 3 pin terminals: - +12V (connected to 50W source) - 1-wire bus - GND


Everything will be connected in parallel (+12, 1-wire, GND).


I'm using WAGO connectors. I'm afraid, that someone will accidentally connect +12V wire to 1-wire terminal and everything connected to bus will be destroyed.


How can I protect microcontrollers from +12V on 1-wire bus?


Im using PIC16F in "Master" board and PIC10F in "Slave" boards.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...