Friday 9 January 2015

npn - How do I check a BJT transistor if it is still functional?


Is there a simple method to do a sanity check on a bipolar junction transistor whether it is still functional or defective?


schematic


simulate this circuit – Schematic created using CircuitLab


Say for example I have a circuit that used to function, and I suspect the transistor (NPN, PNP). How would I go forward to make sure the transistor is defective or how can I reasonably be sure it isn't? Do I need the datasheet for the part?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...