Monday 5 January 2015

microcontroller - Digital signal controller with GNU toolchain?



Does any manufacturer offer a digital signal controller (which basically means a microcontroller with some DSP functionality like a MAC instruction and other stuff) to which I could compile software with GCC? dsPIC apparently use Microchips own C30 compiler which is a GCC spin-off but it is not free (as in free source code).


I'd just need a few ADC channels, two DAC channels and an FPU so nothing too special.


I'd like to try to stay away from single manufacturer toolchains if possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...