Thursday 22 January 2015

How do I connect a photodiode?


I'm trying to design a circuit to measure the ambient visible light (380nm to 750nm). Accuracy isn't too important.


I've been looking at photodiodes, but I'm not sure how to connect them up.



I need the following requirements from my circuit:



  • low power

  • low accuracy

  • low cost photodiode (e.g. this on digikey)

  • AD convert signal for uC


I was thinking of some sort of voltage divider with a photodiode in the circuit? Then connecting this to an op amp, before going to the AD pin of a uC.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...