Sunday 25 January 2015

basic - How can I learn electronics at home?




Possible Duplicate:

Learning about electronics



I am 40. I am an architect by profession. I am very interested in learning electronics.


I don't have time to go to college for an electronics degree.


What should I do to learn electronics at home?


Or is it possible at all?


What minimum instruments do I need to buy?


EDIT:


This question helped me a lot.



Answer




I would suggest perusing YouTube for projects that might hold your interest (this is key). Once you find one you can begin researching it to determine how complex it might be, chose an initial one that might be completed in a few days. For now, I would suggest staying away from items that need programming (connections to a PC or a micro controller) because debugging software is a bit of a distraction.


Most of the YouTube posters are quite willing to discuss their creations so you can ask them if they think their projects would be suitable for a novice.


For almost guaranteed success, you might want to purchase a kit that comes with all the components and instructions. What could missing from these is the critical experience of blowing something up (aka letting the magic smoke out) and then figuring out what exactly happened.


Useful things to buy at the onset: a breadboard or two, a small power supply, solid core connecting wire, and some wire cutters.


I would also recommend this: http://www.amazon.com/Art-Electronics-Paul-Horowitz/dp/0521370957


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...