Thursday 29 January 2015

operational amplifier - DC Op-Amp Output at an unexpected voltage?


For some reason Op-Amps are impossible for me. I'm experimenting with them a little bit. I have the following circuit...


schematic


simulate this circuit – Schematic created using CircuitLab


This is the circuit I have on my breadboard. I was just trying to see the "infinite gain" I would expect from this configuration.



The inverting input is around 4.5v, while the non-inverting input is at ground. I should be achieving my maximum potential (Limited by the power rail.) I.E. around 9V at the output, but I'm recieving .6v?



Answer



You've connected your inputs backwards. A higher voltage on the non-inverting input produces a more positive output. You put the higher voltage on the inverting input, so the op amp output goes as low as it can. In this case, that's close to ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...