Saturday 10 January 2015

Laser driver circuit


I like to build a laser pointer driver circuit that I can drive from an 8 bit uC. However, I like to get light output fairly constant. This requires for me to look at the photo detector (these lasers come with 3 pins, gnd, laser cathode, pd cathode) current and adjust laser input current to stabilize light output.


Ideally, I need to drive this from a GPIO of 8bit uC so that I can make it oscillate at different frequencies at different times. (100-300Khz range nothing very fast) I looked around and the analog circuits that are available are for DC, I couldn't come up with a way to drive them from GPIO.


I want to ask masters here, is there a way to do this with a few transistors etc. if not, what type of ICs I can use for this purpose. (A simple current driver with some feedback perhaps?)




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...