Sunday 15 July 2018

voltage regulator - Can a 7805 ever oscillate?


I see many references to input and output caps helping with "stability" and some outright references to preventing oscillation in both answers on this site, and even in some data sheets. I also have seen references saying that the 7805 is "inherently stable" in both answers on this site and even in some data sheets and app notes. Are the datasheets/people using the term "stability" confused or are there versions of the 7805 that actually can become unstable? If so, I would like to see an example of a circuit in which this would happen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...