Wednesday 25 July 2018

Does CMOS J/K trigger need pull-up resistor



I want to use J/K trigger and I was told that usually IC outputs need pull-up resistor, but if I understand it correctly the following J/K trigger is based on CMOS: TI J/K trigger And it seems to me that CMOS is capable of making both low and high signal, so there is no need for pull-up resistor, right?



Answer



There is no need for a pull-up or pull-down resistor on CMOS outputs (unless they are open-drain). Inputs should always have a pull-up, pull-down or be connected a valid logic level (another output or a supply rail, usually).


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...