Saturday 7 July 2018

D+ and D- on USB


I'm making a small project which will take +5v from USB, What should I do with the D+ and D-, keep it open or short them to ground or do I have to add some components?


I want to run ATMEGA168 and 16x2 LCD with back light.



Answer



Don't do anything to them.


They refer to differentially encoded transmission scheme that USB uses. Leave them alone, floating.



All you need to power your circuit is the ground and power pins coming from the USB. Many devices that are purely USB powered only have wire connections for those two pins and nothing for the +/-D


Also, be aware of the maximum current draw of your USB port, its something like 500 mA. If you draw too much your port will shut off to prevent short circuiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...