Monday 23 July 2018

sensor - How to interface a pH probe?


I want to interface a pH probe. The Op-Amp I would like to use is INA128.


My ADC's range is 0 to 5 volts. pH sensor gives a voltage output that is ranged from -0.5 to 0.5 volts, for 0 pH to 14 pH respectively.


Perhaps, I need to give an offset of about 2 volts to Op-Amp and set its gain to 2. If I do that, will negative voltages be substracted from 2 volts?




Answer



As far as I know, you need opamps with super low input bias current to interface pH probe. This one has it at 10 nA, that's rather too big. I was able to build one by using opamp with input bias current in femto-amperes range.


You are right about offsetting voltage.


I'd go by finding an opamp which has pH probe interfacing as typical application and implementing the given circuit.


AD549 is a good candidate


LMC6001 -- I have based my design on this


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...