Thursday 5 July 2018

microcontroller - Get ADC value to run external 555 Timer


I am working on Motor speed and position control. The requirements of the project are: 1. Set a speed to run the motor at a particular frequency. 2. Use a potentiometer to set the speed displayed on the LCD (POT and LCD on development board) 3. Create PWM signals to run the motor. Keep PWM independent of the microcontroller. 4. Use encoder to detect motor speed.


I have all the electronics sorted out and tested but my supervisor wants me to use the POT and the LCD on the development board to set a motor speed and then use that to power up a 555 Timer that I'm using to generate PWM signals as the PWM is supposed to be generated externally and not through the microcontroller. ADC converts the POT to a certain value (0 - 255).


My question is if I need the motor to rotate at 500Hz, how do I get the associated ADC value from the development board to run the 555 Timer. I need to set a value of motor speed and start the program to run the timer to oscillate at a particular frequency?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...