Tuesday 10 July 2018

pic - 3V power rail from 5V


I've mistakenly ordered some 3V PIC18 L F14K22 instead of the 5V 18F14K22. 3V output is fine for the designed circuit but I need to make a 3V power rail from the available 5V rail.



Since only a couple of MCUs need the 3V power supply I've thought on using a simple resistor divider. Reading the wikipedia article on voltage dividers says any resistor matching the ratio will give the desired voltage but I'm pretty sure current matters when deciding resistor values.


Which resistor values would be adequate for powering a couple of 3V microcontrollers?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...