Thursday 5 July 2018

transistors - ESP8266 GPIO2 - invert logic NPN transisotr


I make big mistake in my design. I connect output to ESP8266 GPIO2 at this pin I got base of NPN transistor to control LED.


schematic


I test it on breadboard but probably by noise or "universe magic floating voltage" there was no problem with boot. I make PCBs but of course now ESP wont boot because it need to be HIGH on GPIO2 to boot from flash. So I need add pullup to D4 (it is no problem) but how I can invert logic of NPN or replace it with something different without manufacture whole new PCB ? Thanks guys.



Answer



An N-channel MOSFET would let you have a pull-up that lets it boot, since the gate does not draw current after the original capacitive charge. The LED would be on a boot but that may not be an issue.



Or you probably don't need the transistor, you could perch a small resistor on two of the transistor pads and use the GPIO to drive the cathode low. You may need to increase the series resistance to keep the LED current in spec for the IC.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...