Friday 13 July 2018

voltage - How current and potential propagate through electrical circuits?


I have something of a theoretical question. In any given electrical/electronic circuit there seems to be an electric field developed inside (and outside the conductors?) to push the electrons in the circuit.


My question is, how does this electric field has so many different values in different components, I.e different potential values across different components!



How does this electric field propagate and decide which values to take, therefore develop the potential difference?


If there is no potential difference across some elements, perfect conductor, then there's no electric field so what really pushes the electrons? How is process energyless? I know that J = sigma*E, but my question is how this E gets to be decided?


Is current built up instantaneously in the circuit or it needs time? If it needs time, as I suppose it does, thus means that electrons which are moving will collide with the resting electrons right?


I am an electronic and computer engineering major so these topics are hardly discussed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...