Wednesday 4 July 2018

i2C multiplexer to use multiple sensor of the same type


I would like to hook up multiple sensor of the same type (temperature, pressure and so on). The problem is that each sensor can only have 2 different unique values for the register, so can't put more than 2 on a single I2C bus.


I would like to multiplex the I2C channel; so I can plug more sensor; altho I do not know




  • What kind of breadboard to get (found few store online that has analog multiplexer; is that OK for my case?)




  • What kind of code should I write? Do I have to ping each sensor in a sequential way? is there an example about how to cycle trough various sensor using a multiplexer?





I use an Arduino clone board, called Teensy; but I saw also a nice clone called Trinket pro; they both are programmed via the Arduino programming language; so any example would be really appreciated.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...