Friday 19 January 2018

Why one of my multimeter shows a small voltage when only one probe is connected to AC and the other dont?


I've recently acquired a Minipa ET-997 multimeter. I noticed that when I connected one probe to 127V phase and let the other disconnected, it will show around 12V.


But I have an older and cheaper multimeter which shows 0V in this same situation. Why is that?


Another thing, the older multimeter shows -127V when the black probe is on the phase wire and the red probe is on the neutral wire. And it shows +127 when the red probe is on phase and the black probe is on neutral. Therefore, I can easily tell which is phase and which is neutral. Minipa ET-997 always shows 127V, no matter how the probes are connected. Is there a way to "fix" this?





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...