Friday 19 January 2018

parallel - Connecting up to 32 Devices I2C


I'm trying to connect 32 I²C "root of trust" NXP A71CH devices.




  • I'm thinking about a good way that does that, I mean what kind of communication should I use?

  • A digital multiplexer that selects a device? but based on what?

  • switching on the VDD source? but that needs reinitialization of the device and that takes time.



Answer



Really short: I²C with a bus multiplexer; this is a common problem and it's solved with a bus multiplexer.


However, seriously, the point of having a root of trust is having one root of trust, not 32; hence, your project requirements make me suspect you're either building a test rig for these devices, or you're testing a device that is supposed to work with one of these devices, or you've misunderstood your project requirements.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...