Saturday 6 January 2018

power - Voltage sources in parallel?


I've looked at other questions "Voltage sources in parallel", but don't answer my specific problem.


Imagine the following circuit:


schematic



simulate this circuit – Schematic created using CircuitLab


I have a solar powered charge controller that, ideally, can deliver 30A at 14.0V, and a battery that, ideally, can deliver unlimited current at 12.8V.


Which laws can tell me something about how this circuit will behave?


For example, if the load is a 50W LED, it would need 14V at 3.57A. Would all the current and voltage come from the CC, because it has a higher voltage?


When the total current would be higher than 30A, I suspect the CC would fail to sustain the voltage.



Answer



"Would all the current and voltage come from the CC, because it has a higher voltage?"


Exactly.


The higher voltage from the CC biases the battery's diode so it will not conduct.


(Also, the diodes will reduce the voltage by about .7 volts.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...