Tuesday 23 January 2018

Protected USB connectors?


Do USB connectors come in protected versions suitable for damp, vibration prone environments? If so, what terms should I use when searching for them?


If not, what are my options for meeting the USB wiring and connectors standards without standard USB connectors? Can I use different cables and connectors and "make up" for the electrical differences by terminating the ends differently?



Answer



You mean like this?



Industrial USB


These are really just normal USB connectors, but with a strong, waterproof connector over the top of them. This holds them in place despite vibration, protects them from mechanical abuse, and keeps the water out.


I think the key word you need is 'industrial'. Farnell stock a bunch of them.


Also, take a look at the Bulgin datasheet. From this, you can get the part numbers for the panel mount, and cable mount versions of the connector.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...