Tuesday 9 January 2018

operational amplifier - Audio summing mixer- inverting or non inverting output?


All the audio mixer circuit examples I see online are based off of the summing amplifier:


enter image description here


This is an inverting op amp configuration so the output is inverted. I built a similar circuit and I couldn't tell that the output signal was inverted by listening to the audio...so is there a reason why you would want to de-invert the output of the mixer, by putting in another inverting op amp stage at the output, like in this circuit:


enter image description here


If the audio output sounds the same whether the output signal is inverted or not, why would you ever need to de-invert the output?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...