Friday 19 January 2018

system - Meaning of causal signal


What exactly does causal signal mean?


Causality,as I see it is a property of a system wherein the output at PRESENT is dependent ONLY on PAST and PRESENT values of input.Here we have a reference of Output signal Time to define PAST & PRESENT for an input.


Since an isolated signal doesn't have a concept of a STATE,how can we define past or present for a signal?


If ideas of Past & Present aren't defined for a signal,how can the idea of causality be defined for signals?


Here the definition is given but I 'm not able to get a feel of Causality of a signal?


I've a follow-up question which I've put up here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...