Thursday 25 January 2018

book recommendations on FPGA




what book titles would you recommend to get started with FPGAs and VHDL?



edit
I noticed that a few of the recommended books date back from 1996. I can imagine that the devices referred to will be seriously outdated, but has VHDL also much evolved since?



Answer



The Designer's Guide to VHDL, Volume 3, Third Edition by Ashenden is quite good. Others I have found useful are VHDL for Programmable Logic by Skahill and VHDL Made Easy! by Perrilin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...