Tuesday 30 January 2018

Driving capacitance with a high voltage level shifter


I am having issues with a 'high' voltage level shifter I am creating. I need to drive a 28Vpp waveform with specific timings ( <.1us rise time, 1us pulse width), converting from the 3.3V logic that comes out of my microprocessor. I currently have the circuit below: Base Circuit


Which produces the following waveform: Base circuit waveform


Great! However, I will need to need drive a fairly long cable. When I add 100pf of capacitance to the output: Circuit with capacitance


I get the following waveform: Circuit with capacitance waveform


This waveform doesn't meet my requirements of having a rise time of less than 0.1us. What can I do to overcome this? I have tried replacing the transistor based circuit with an LM139 comparator, but that was still susceptible to capacitance. Are there ICs available that could fix my issue? I can handle about 4us of prop delay if needed. Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI&#39;s cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...